Mallee Accommodation & Support Program (MASP)
Leaving Care & After Care Support Program - Support for young people leaving care
140 Langtree Avenue, MILDURA 3500 VIC
Email: (enquiries only)
"'caring for our community'"

Service contact:

Voice/ Land Line:(03) 5021 6500
Fax:(03) 5021 4006
Service email:
Appointment required:
Young persons who have been in out of home care and on a Statutory Order (Either a custody or guardianship order) on their 16th birthday.
Indicative waiting time:
No waiting list
(Local Government Areas where this service is available)
Mildura (RC)
Weekday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

About this service:
The Leaving Care & After Care Support Program works to achieve better outcomes for young people leaving care by assisting in the development of life skills, providing links to education, employment and training options and preventing homelessness through the creation of pathways to sustainable long term housing options. What can the program offer? -- Support and guidance in developing the living skills necessary to successfully achieve the transition from care to independent living -- Support to maintain links or reconnect with family and significant others -- Opportunities to experience independent living situations prior to leaving ’out of home care’ placements -- A comprehensive support plan -- Links to educational and vocational opportunities -- Access to secure and safe housing after leaving care Who is it for? The program is designed to assist young people (16-21 years) who are leaving care in the Mallee region. It is expected that young people will enter the program at least three months prior to leaving care. Access to the program is aimed at young people who have been assessed as being at risk of long-term homelessness and: -- Have limited access to alternative housing and support arrangements; and -- Have the ability to live in a THM or private rental property with support; and -- Have the ability to move to sustainable independent living within 12 months -- Priority is given to young people exiting the MASP OOHC program. Referrals to the program can take place via: -- Self referral -- Out-of-Home care providers -- DHS Child Protection -- Other service providers
Last updated in HSD on:
5/11/2018 2:47:55 PM